A Foodie Adventure in Portland

While on our vacation in Seaside, Oregon, we decided to head to Portland for the afternoon and evening.  It was a 1.5 hour drive and we planned to hit the zoo and then have dinner.  Oh course sometimes the best laid plans go astray, and by the time we reached Portland the zoo would be closing in an hour.  So we decided to have an early dinner at Pine State Biscuits and then have ice cream at Salt and Straw.  It seemed silly to drive so far for dinner and dessert but these two places have been on my foodie list for years.  Was it worth it?  Oh, yes.  I'll be thinking of that fried chicken on a biscuit for a while.  And that salted caramel ice cream at Salt and Straw? Awesome.  After all that eating, we wanted coffee so my husband and I shared a latte at St. Honore Boulangerie, close by. 

We started with cocktails for our early dinner at Pine State-A Bloody Mary for my husband and a Mimosa for me.

My boys shared a biscuit with a house made sausage patty and cheese.

The four of us shared fries covered in cheese.


We also all shared a biscuit with fresh peaches.


I had The Chatfield-fried chicken, bacon, cheese, and apple butter.  It was so incredible and it was a memorable food experience.

My husband had The Reggie-fried chicken, cheese, and gravy on a biscuit. 


We were still stuffed from Pine State, so we all shared a half scoop of Salted Caramel with caramel ribbons and a half a scoop of strawberry rhubarb.  I loved the caramel ice cream and could tell how high the quality of ingredients and the care that goes into making it. 


I couldn't resist getting a chocolate croissant, for later, when I walked in and saw all the delicious French pastries. 


Pine State Biscuits Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Salt & Straw Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato St. Honore Boulangerie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts