Apple Crisp

Too many apples in the fridge?  Make some Apple Crisp!  I bought some apples at the store thinking I'd eat them every night for dessert instead of ice cream.  That didn't happen so I made Apple Crisp.  I can always buy more apples in a couple days and try it again.  When life gives you apples, make a crisp with them.  This recipe I found was super easy and oh, mama, it tasted good.  Diets be damned because you don't want to miss hot apple crisp out of the oven with some whipped cream on top.  I may or may not have put a little caramel sauce on top, too.  But really it was just for the photo, I swear.


Apple Crisp


Recipe adapted from hellohue.com


1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter
2-3 big apples 
ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Peel your apples, and cut them into the bite size pieces. Layer them in a buttered casserole dish.   Sprinkle with cinnamon and make sure its mixed well with the apples.  In a separate bowl combine flour, brown sugar, a little more cinnamon and butter.  Cut in butter with a pastry tool, I used a spoon, until its well mixed.   Pour mixture over apples and bake for 35 minutes.  Enjoy while still warm, that's the best!  Crisp will be very hot, so let it sit for a while before digging in.  Enjoy! 







Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts