Lunch at Buoy Beer Company and Sightseeing in Astoria

Sixteen miles to the north of Seaside is Astoria.  We went for lunch one day to Buoy Beer Company and I had some fried cheese curds, one of the best things I've ever eaten.  They had a Pale Ale batter and some spicy, red pepper dipping sauce.  I took a bite and thought, yes, this is delicious and so memorable.  I've been craving them since.  I also had a cup of clam chowder that was standard and after my third cup that week I may have got my fill for awhile.  My hubby drank a Pale Ale and got the fish and chips.  Dessert rocked.  We shared a piece of triple chocolate cheesecake that was pretty incredible and to top it off, made a pretty food photo.  Buoy Beer is right on the water with a view of the bridge.  We didn't want to wait for a table with a view so we sat in the Taproom.  There were TV's blaring the Seahawks game so I didn't get the feel of the place that I was looking for.  But it was neat to watch the trolley go by and wave to the passengers.  After lunch, I shot some photos of the bridge and then we drove up to the Astoria Column.  The views up there of the area are not to be missed.  Built in 1926, the column is 125 feet tall.  I didn't climb the 164 steps to the top on this trip but I managed to take some photos of the landmark. 















Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts