Seattle Sweet Week | A visit to Hot Cakes Chocolate Molten Cakery

For the first time ever Seattle's holding an event called Sweet Week.  Sound good? It did to me and I went to Hot Cakes in Ballard to try one of the special desserts.  Sweet Week is from September 25th-28th and various chocolate shops, ice cream places, candy shops, cupcakeries and more are participating. They're creating and offering unique desserts for the event and they're all $5.  So if you want you can hit up a few places and get a major sugar rush. 


At Hot Cakes I had the Oh My Honey Sundae.  It had salted honey caramel ice cream, honey crunch, honey cream and honey candied smoked almonds covered in salty milk chocolate.  My husband joined me so we also got to try the Dark Decadence- one of the molten chocolate cakes that comes with ice cream and topped with toffee bits.  The molten chocolate has Theo chocolate and is so sinfully rich and sweet.  For my caffeine fix for the afternoon I drank a caramel latte and my husband who has a passion for an Old Fashioned, sipped on one of those.  It was all so decadent and a very unique experience. 


Click here for the list of places participating in Sweet Week.










Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery on Urbanspoon

Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts