Spaghetti and Meatballs

Today for lunch I made homemade meatballs with Spaghetti.  I don't usually do posts with recipes of anything other than desserts, but there's a first time for everything.  I've made meatballs a couple of times before but this time I added Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and some oregano along with an egg and breadcrumbs I used in the past.  I boiled some water for penne pasta and although I don't make my own tomato sauce it still tasted good and hearty because of the chunky vegetables in it.  Good old Ragu.  The meatballs turned out yummy.  I'm using this recipe next time I want homemade meatballs. 

                                                             Spaghetti and Meatballs

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

3/4 1b. ground beef. (I was cooking for two people but you can use more and double the recipe)
salt for seasoning
1 egg
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 T. garlic powder
2 T. oregano
1 cup uncooked pasta of your choice
2 cups tomato sauce or your choice

Mix all the above together with your hands and then form into balls on a cookie sheet.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Boil water and cook your pasta according to package directions on box.  Heat up sauce in pan on medium heat.  When the pasta's done, pour into pan with sauce and stir together.  When meatballs are done baking, pour into the pan with pasta.  Distribute onto plates and enjoy!




Comments

Follow on Instagram

www.flickr.com
Kelli Wong Photography's items Go to Kelli Wong Photography's photostream

Popular Posts